Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Concerts and Shopping

So what's going on in Filips world lately? This weekend I blew around $2000 on shopping for things for my new place. Everything from shelves to a big screen TV. How big is the screen you ask? I bought a 3 year old 50 inch Toshiba for 900 bucks. Now as soon as I get a dvd player it will be difficult to justify going out to the movies! I've spent much of the time in the past two weeks buying and installing stuff into my new appartment. Unfortunately, today I blew out a ceiling light when trying to install a new one... so how did it happen? Well when I took down the old light fixture I noticed a mess of wires underneath. They all looked shielded so I didn't think much of it. However, when I went to install the new fixture, one of the screws went deep into the mess of wires and must have hit an exposed wire. After a brief explosion, some black smoke and a slew of black dust that stained the cieling, I thought to myself "I should have turned off the circuit breaker". Anyway, I'm alive and un-charred so after the building comes and fixes the mess I made life should be back to normal.

In other news, I went to the Tea Party concert at Cowboys on monday. I can't put into words how truely inspired these performers are. All I have to say is that to truely appreciate their talent you MUST see them live. The recorded versions of their music does not do them justice. After the show I felt like what the hippy generation must have felt like after a Led Zeppelin concert... honestly, I think they are the modern equivalent. In the end, I caught a towel from the bassist and a Drumstick. Good times, great memories!

No comments: